Read the following about the benefits of being a member of the Academy of
Security Educators and Trainers, then apply for
- To participate in an organization whose official publication the “The Journal of Applied Security Research: Prevention and Response in Asset Protection, Terrorism and Violence”, presents cutting edge security information, new and changing educational training programs and developments in security.
- Members receive discounts on their registration fee for the Certified Security Trainers(C.S.T.) program.
- An annual conference of three days duration is conducted, featuring training programs and presentations by internationally
recognized security authorities from colleges and universities, government, corporate
security training operations and private training centers.
- The Academy awards research grants on
topics and areas of interest in the field of security.
- An opportunity to participate in the professional enhancing of the security field through participation in establishing the science of security.
- Members contribute to issues concerning the direction and future path security professionals are experiencing.
- Members share research and development techniques.
- Members receive announcements of interest on contemporary activities, completed research and training information.
- All members receive membership cards, are awarded membership certificates.
- Employment opportunities and job-exchange information are available.
- All members qualify for committee membership and activities, and are eligible to hold office in the association.
- Security training "networking" and communications are maintained through a secretariat office.
- An opportunity to participate with the International Security Round Table Members.
- Nominees who receive annual designations as Fellow of the Academy are awarded suitable personalized recognition.
- Representation at all major security conferences.
In addition to all-year round
activities of membership and committee meetings, the annual conference is conducted each
spring and the Certified Security Training (C.S.T.) Program in the summer.
Our Eligibility Requirements
Membership in the Academy of Security
Educators and Trainers (ASET) is open to all individuals of good character who have
demonstrated a positive interest in the Academy and its goals, and in the improvement of
security education and training. All ASET members in good standing are entitled to all
membership privileges, including the right to vote at stated or called ASET membership
The business of ASET is managed by a
twelve member Board of Directors and the elected officers of the association, who are
elected bi-annually to the positions of: President, Executive Vice-President,
Vice-President for Academics, Vice-President for Training, Vice-President for
Certification, and a Secretary/Treasurer.
Permanent Committees of the Academy
- Executive Committee
- Membership Committee
- Research Committee
- Legislation Committee
- Placement Committee
- Technology Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Certification Committee
- Program Development Committee
- Fellowship Committee
- Educational Research Committee